Wednesday, February 28, 2024

Review: Calera 2022 Central Coast Pinot Noir ($32)

 https://www.duckhornportfolio.com/assets/images/contentblock/files/TheDuckhornPortfolio-Calera-PinotNoir-CentralCoast-2022-high.jpg

 I ADORE this wine, and what a great value! This is Calera's entry-level Pinot Noir, and yeah, at $32 it isn't exactly cheap, but wow, what a vibrant, fresh, charming, and layered wine. It smells of dried violet and rose petals, cranberry, thyme, ripe raspberry. It's lively, fresh, and vibrant on the palate with a modest amount of new oak added and a wisp of limestone on the finish. The purity of the fruit and the quality of the winemaking is just off the charts. I cannot recommend this wine more highly. I think this might be the most impressive Central Coast AVA offering from Calera that I have ever had. I just can't stop smiling. This is a wine that just makes me to drink wine, because it is exactly what great wine should be.  (94 Points)

- Tim Teichgraeber

No comments:

Post a Comment