Tuesday, December 12, 2017

New Gig! Hugh Johnson's Pocket Wine Book California Editor

I have been rather quiet lately, partly because I have been traveling, partly because I have have been working on a book project.

Sometimes you find a job, and sometimes a job finds you. This is the latter circumstance. Because my good friend Jordan Mackay doesn't have the time to edit Hugh Johnson's Pocket Wine Book for California, he recommended me for the job (as did my good friend and fellow contributor Lana Bortolot. I am thankful for the referral and happy to work under one of the greatest modern wine writers, Hugh Johnson, on a wine guide that has been in print for about 40 years. Hopefully this will be a recurring assignment.

One of the nice things that comes with that assignment is tasting some of California's best and brightest wines. I'm plowing wines from Drew and Baxter (a couple of brilliant Anderson Valley labels), single vineyard Bacigalupi Vineyard Chardonnay releases from Tongue Dancer, James MacPhail's new project, Sonoma Coast Chardonnay and Pinot Noir from MacRostie, Cabernets from Chappellet Ladera, Honig, and Chimney Rock, and most of the time just wondering how I got here.


No comments:

Post a Comment