Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Review: Fujishin Family Cellars 2010 Amatino Red Blend Snake River Valley Idaho ($25)

I was recently shipped a case of various wines from Idaho, which I was really looking forward to tasting. To date, I think the most impressive has been this Rhone-inspired blend of Syrah, Viognier and Petite Sirah from Fujishin Family Cellars. I'm seeing reviews of this wine as recent as 2014, but the 2010 vintage is holding up really well and still has a lot of freshness, with fresh, lavish blueberry, sage and boysenberry aromas and flavors. It has good body and probably better acid that some other Idaho wines I have tasted lately. It's flavorful, with well-integrated oak, and even though it weighs in at a powerful 14.6% alcohol, it carries it well. (90 Points)

No comments:

Post a Comment