Monday, August 18, 2014

Beguiling Madrona Cabernet from El Dorado

I've been fortunate to receive a couple of care packages from the El Dorado Winery Association as they aim to maintain the strong head of steam as a region on the rise.  It seem that many watchers see El Dorado in the Sierra Foothills as a region to watch. I've been saying it for years.


I hadn't had many wines from Paul Bush's Madrona Vineyards in the last few years, but I think his 2010 is really impressive for a wine that should retail for a bit under $30. It has pretty aromas of dried rose, mulberry, red currant and sage, is medium-weight and has well-integrated tannins. I wouldn't age it too long, but it's beguiling right now. An exceptionally elegant but flavorful product of the cool 2010 vintage. (90)

No comments:

Post a Comment